11.12.2009

Interested in Kramer St., NE History

RCA received this email from an inquiring DC resident about the origins of Kramer Street, NE. There is some information available from the Rosedale Walking Historic Walking Tour RCA and CHRS presented back in May 2009. We have directed her to CHRS, but if anyone has information or can direct Sarah to other resources, either leave a comment or contact RCA (rosedaledc@gmail.com) and we'll gladly pass it along to her.

*******************

Hello,

My name is Sarah H. and I'm a recent graduate of GWU. I'm now a resident of DC and I'm trying to do some research (out of curiosity) on the origins of Kramer St. NE. I know it's in the Rosedale Neighborhood, and so I was wondering if you could give me any information, or point me in the direction of someone who could help me with this research. I've looked at historical maps and newspapers, and the earliest I've seen it in existence was 1900 as Kraemer St. I want to find out who the street is named after, or why it is named Kramer St. Anything you could do to help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Sarah

No comments: